HAPPINESS PROJECT: Week 21-26
It feels like I dropped the ball a little these past 5 weeks, but I have been busy minding to my matters and doing important things with my life. This has been a time of transition and beautifully challenging changes for many people in my life. My sister graduated with her Associate’s Degree at the age of 16 and is charging ahead with her life bravely. I am so proud of her and cannot wait to see all the great things she does with her life.
My boyfriend bought his 1st house then a week later graduated from college with his Bachelor of Science Degree. I am so proud of him and all he has accomplished at such a young age. I feel so blessed to be a part of his life and we make a great team. I got accepted into college and will finally be going to school this fall. This has been a long time coming and now it is finally HAPPENING!!! I also got a new job with the school district that I will begin in the fall. I will admit that at times all the changes in my life have felt overwhelming, but I keep reminding myself that they are all positive. I want to enjoy these moments in my life and plan ahead and prepare for a bright future. Today I took another big step towards my goals. My focus is shifting from working as much as possible to actively studying and pursuing my education. This shift is scary and I will have to make sacrifices, but I will just have to clearly hold my purpose close to my heart and keep pressing forward.
Buy Some Happiness
- Indulge in a modest splurge
- Buy needed things
- Spend out
- Give Something up
I find it somewhat ironic that this is the month’s focus because this month I have chosen to give up some of my work hours so that I can focus on my studies. I will make the sacrifices worthwhile. I guess in a way these guidelines are helpful and fitting.
- Indulge in a modest splurge- now that I am making less than I am accustomed to it will be necessary for me to budget and be modest with my spending. I think this is good for me.
- Buy needed things- I will make it a point to only buy what I need.
- Spend out- I will be spending a lot of time and brain power learning new things.
- Give Something up- I am giving things up such as extra spending money and probably social time, but these sacrifices will pay off in the long run. It is time for me to invest in myself and my future.
I am excited about these changes and my new adventures. I cannot wait to grow in understanding of all that I am studying. Wish me luck!