I am trying to pick out a song for my performance project. Here is the list I have so far. Which song should I sing? Comment below to share your choice!
- “Candle on the Water”:
- “My Favorite Things”:
- “I Could Have Danced All Night” :
I let an entire week go by without posting on my blog, but my mind was full of ideas for blog posts. This was a hectic week with lots of developments and the almost definite prospect of more change. I am happy to announce that the idea of change no longer sends me into a panic.
We might be moving again this summer. Christopher’s parents are most likely going to rent our house from us since they are in the process of selling their house so hopefully the timing will be right for all of us. It would be ideal for our renters to be his parents because we know that we can trust them to take good care of our home.
This will offer me another opportunity to de-clutter and purge all the unnecessary items from my life. I do not know exactly what is happening yet, but I want to be prepared. Also, I am going to do my very best to resist my urge to stress over everything. I know that stressing will not help anything.
In the meantime, I have my job, and all of my school work to keep me busy. I am in the midst of mid-term week. Last week I had my 2nd computer lab and it was a little less nerve-wracking than the first one, but still very uncomfortable for me since I still feel pretty lost. I am just going to keep on moving forward and hope that I will improve with time and practice.
When I feel lost and unsure about things I still panic then shut down. I really want to change this about myself. It is not as bad as it used to be, but I still have a long ways to go.
There are a lot of good things to look forward to on the horizon…
- On Monday 5/2/16 I am meeting with my group for my musicianship class. We are a group of three and we are each going to choose a song to sing and we have to transpose the piece to our vocal range. In addition, we will be accompanying each other on the piano and will be creating an arrangement.
- Sunday- May 8th is Mother’s Day and Christopher and I will be going to Portland to spend it with my Mom, Grandma Alice, and our family. I am looking forward to getting out of town for the day and spending time with family.
- Saturday May 28th is my college’s Choir recital. It will be fun to perform with them.
- Wednesday June 1st will be our Musicianship performance.
- Thursday June 9th is my cousin Emily’s wedding!!!
- Friday June 10th is my college’s graduation which the choir will be performing at.
- Friday June 17th is the last day of school!
- Today is the 1st of May and that means the outdoor swimming pool is opening! I am hoping to go for a swim if I get enough of my school work done.
I just need to make it to June 17th!!! That is a little over a month away. I can do it!
My “Transform You Life Project” and “Workout and Word of the Day” has gone a little bit to the wayside because I have let my stresses get the better of me, but I have not lost sight of my goals. I will just get back up and get back on track!
Here are my goals for May:
Mix It Up!
- Get creative.
- Re-organize your life.
- Paint Something.
- Do something you’ve never done before.
- Go on an adventure!
I have faith that one way or another everything is going to work out. I just have to have faith in myself, work hard, and work smart! I don’t have control over anyone else except myself and I honestly wouldn’t want to manage anyone else’s life. I have enough to keep track of in my own little world.
How is your year going so far? What are your goals for May?!?! Comment below to share them. I would love to hear all about it!
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,