Nov. 1: When you’re having a bad day with your mental health, what do you do to help yourself?
Bad days are an inevitable part of life. I wish this wasn’t the case, but there is no way around it. I always try to see things in an optimistic light, but some days is just isn’t easy. I always try to remind myself that the bad days make the good days even better.
Here is a list of ways that I cheer myself up when I’m having a bad day:
- I pray.
- I make myself a pot of my favorite tea.
- Light a candle.
- Cuddle my cat.
- Go for a walk.
- Journal and reflect.
- Call a friend or family member.
- Count my blessings.
- Clean my house -if I have the energy. Cleanliness is rejuvenating.
- Workout. Nothing like working up a sweat and moving towards a healthier and better version of yourself!
- Doodle or draw.
- Read a good book or blog.
- Take a Zumba or Mixxedfit class.
- Do something spontaneous.
- Take a nap.
- Plan the perfect day…
- Meet a friend for lunch.
- Take myself out on a date.
- Paint my toenails.
- Take a Bubble Bath.
- Learn how to fix my hair in a new way (thanks Pinterest!)
- Learn something new.
- Do something nice for someone else.
- Play with my puppy.
- Cook a wholesome meal.
And there’s a whole lot more!
What do you do when you’re having a bad day? Please comment below to share your ideas!
Love, Joy, Blessings, and Happy Blogging,