Nov. 2: When was the last time you did something brave? What happened?
Bravery comes in all forms and sizes. I think that bravery is that moment when you step outside of yourself and take risks for a greater good.
I feel like I have been very brave lately because I am making myself very uncomfortable by studying a field that accentuates my weaknesses: COMPUTER SCIENCE.
Computer and Science are the epitome of my weaknesses and biggest fears and going to class instantly activates my “Fight or Flight” mechanism and has me sweating bullets…
Bravery means different things to different people so I thought I would make a random list of ways that I have been Brave in my days:
- I tried out for swim team when I was still afraid of the deep end and could barely make it all the way across the pool. Heck, I made it!
- I signed myself up for the “Young Artists Festival” when I was 13. I had to memorize songs on the violin from different eras: Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Modern then perform in front of a panel of judges.
- I did a young artist type performance for voice also. I sang and memorized songs in English, Latin, French, German, and Italian then performed for a panel of judges. I also ended up winning!
- I had never gone camping before, but I did an outdoor backpacking NOLS course in the backcountry of Wyoming. And with Tendonitis.
- I had 4 jobs in addition to being a full-time student my junior and senior year in college.
- When I was 19 I took a train down to Cali and landed in Oakland.
- I am a survivor of multiple assaults and domestic violence and I have worked hard to heal.
- I trained for a triathlon.
- I followed my heart.
- I am facing my greatest fears and am studying computer science.
That’s my list of brave things that I have done. What are the brave things that you have done in your life? Comment below to share!!!
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,