Here are some easy steps you can take on those days when you are not feeling 100% It is never too late to have a decent day:
- Do your very best to eat breakfast! It does not have to be an elaborate pancakes, egg, and toast breakfast. It can be overnight oats, a quick smoothie, or even grabbing an apple or banana on your way out. If you have missed breakfast, reach for a healthy snack: carrot sticks, smoothie, celery, etc.
- Drink your H2O! It is easy to forget to drink enough water especially in these colder months. Keep your water bottle with you. I even started keeping a clean empty water bottle in my car so that I could grab it and fill. Often times when I feel irritable and lethargic it is because I have allowed myself to get dehydrated.
- Go ahead and grab a cupa! There are days when you really do need that extra boost of caffeine to put some pep in your step. When this happens it is okay to brew yourself a cup of tea or even coffee. Just be mindful! I hate when I drink ALL of my calories in one cup. Beware the hidden calories in yummy drinks!
- Get moving! Go for a quick, brisk walk. Do some jumping jacks or squats. Do some stretches or even just neck rolls or ankle circles at your desk. Stand up! Do something, anything. Movement feeds creativity!
- Take a Power nap! If I have a little chunk of time and am a little groggy I love the luxury of a power nap. I read that power naps should last 10 – 20 minutes and should ideally take place between the hours of 1pm and 4 pm.
- Do a quick power clean! There are times when my place feels a little grungy and nothing feels quite right so I strap on my headphones, shuffle my playlist, and go to town! Take out the trash! Wash dishes and or load the dishwasher. Sweep. Mop. Whatever floats your boat.
- Most importantly, light a candle. Something that smells nice, bright, and uplifting. Candles always warm up the place for me.
- Pay someone a nice heartfelt compliment. Spread joy. Spread the <3.
- Plan ahead and prepare! Today might have been crumby, but tomorrow is a brand new day full of endless possibilities. Cliche as it may sound, that’s the real deal darling.
- Do something nice for yourself. Cook your favorite meal. Take a bubble bath. Cuddle up with a nice book. And get enough rest for tomorrow!
Here are 3 songs that showed up in my shuffle playlist that left me feeling more lighthearted!
Add a little Classical to your life! Sometimes the best things are left unsaid <3.
And finally, a favorite of mine!
What are steps that you take when you have the blues? Comment below to share! Do you have any favorite uplifting tunes? Share those too, please!
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,